Monday, March 23, 2009

Watchmen



Well I finally did it. After getting all excited about going to see Watchmen for a couple of weeks I finally went and saw it.

And I was…disappointed.

It was ok but I was expecting great.

The costumes and set looked good but I expected the whole thing to look good.

I’d heard bad things about it, like you’d only get it if you’d read the book and the character development isn’t really there. I wasn’t too bothered about that because a, I’ve read the book and b, I was expecting a visual treat akin to 300 and sin city.

But it just never happened that way. The film was too long, way too long. And the story seemed disjointed.

There were some good points though, these were:

Casting; excellent
Costumes; excellent
Acting; excellent
Scenery; excellent

Also the highlight of the film for me was Rorschach, (he's the highlight of the book for me too) I thought the guy who played him, Jackie Earle Haley, was excellent.

But all in all it wasn’t as good as I’d hoped it would be.

My viewing wasn’t helped by the fact that I could feel the hatred for the film emanating from my wife sitting next to me (she’s not read the book).

All in all I’d say it’s worth seeing just don’t waste your cash at the cinema to see it. Get the DVD and watch it at home where you can pause it to go to the loo or make a cup of tea.

No comments: